2353 S. Campbell Ave.
This program is hosted by:
*This workshop is for married or coupled partners (no singles).
Thursday's at South Haven Baptist Church | 5:30 - 8 pm
2353 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, MO 65807
(Dinner will be served at 5:30pm and class will start at 6:00pm)
There is a lot to do before your baby arrives - diapers, cribs... and relationship advice? You better believe it! Baby proofing doesn't just apply to your house, it also applies to your relationship. The arrival of a baby can bring a lot of new challenges that not only affect the relationship between you and your child, but also between you and your partner.
Our unique program works with expectant couples and expectant single parents. We'll help you...
- Show appreciation and love in ways that are meaningful to your partner.
- Raise concerns more effectively, and talk in ways that won't drain energy from the relationship.
- Discuss common concerns for new parents.
- Focus on problem-solving skills.
- Practice conflict resolution.
The Hatching Project is for parents:.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Expecting a baby or just had a baby (less than 6 months of age).
- Wanting to strengthen their relationship.
- Looking for ways to work as a team in raising their child.
At the beginning of every workshop, parents and staff have a meal together in the WIC kitchen. After dinner class begins. You have the opportunity to participate in group and individual activities that build your relationship skills and show you how to keep your relationship fun and exciting with the arrival of a new baby.
This Class Includes 2 weeks of - Read From The Start (RFTS):
Children who grow up hearing stories and looking at books will fall in love with language. Read From The Start (RFTS), is a reading program that teaches parents and caregivers the joy and benefits of reading to children from birth to five years old. Local groups sponsor RFTS in areas throughout Missouri. The two-part sessions are facilitated through certified Discussion Leaders and filled with learning opportunities for parents and caregivers.
Parents who attend RFTS take home seven NEW and FREE children’s books! RFTS is FREE to all participants!
What happens at a RFTS program?
• RFTS programs are for adults only. RFTS is offered FREE of charge.
• Participants read and discuss a selection of children’s books together.
• Participants explore activities to do with their children after reading, such as art, songs, finger
plays, and dramatic play.
• Participants learn how to choose good books for their children.
• Participants learn how reading to children helps strengthen the parent/child bond, prepares children for future learning, and helps children fall in love with books and stories.
Take home a loaded FREE diaper backpack!
Do something great for yourself and your baby! Attend nine out of the ten sessions and take home a loaded FREE backpack diaper backpack. Smaller prizes are given out throughout the ten weeks.
This ten week course is $25 per couple, which includes:
Materials, FREE childcare, FREE meals and FREE children's books!
*Childcare space is limited and available for children ages five and under. Due to allergies, dinner will not be provided for children. Please provide a snack for your child. Parents will be given a set of childcare guidelines at the first class.
Register here by clicking on the "Sign Up" link to the right, or call: 417.893.7884
This project is funded by grants from: The Community Foundation of the Ozarks and
the Darr Family Foundation
This project is supported by: